Control valves are used to control conditions such as flow, pressure, temperature and liquid level by fully or partially opening or closing in response to signals received from controllers.
Control valves can also work with the line media and controlled by Pilots. These types of valves are also known as Self Actuated Automatic Control Valves. The Pilots will respond to changes of pressure or flow and will open/close the valve. These valves do not require an external power source, meaning that the fluid pressure is enough to open and close the valve. Self Actuated Automatic control valves include: pressure reducing valves, flow control valves, back-pressure sustaining valves, level control valves, relief valves and solenoid valves, or a combination of these functions. An altitude valve controls the level of a tank. The altitude valve will remain open while the tank is not full and it will close when the tanks reaches its maximum level. The opening and closing of the valve requires no external power source (electric, pneumatic, or man power), it is done automatically, hence the name, automatic control valve.
If you would like more information on automatic control valves or want to know which kind of valve best suits your system, get in touch through our contact page.
Ultra range of Control Valves.
Ultra’s core business is Control Valves. In order to do justice to this strategy, large stocks are kept and a large workshop with the requisite number of staff to ensure prompt assembly service and the best possible before -and after sales service.
- Ultra ACV Pilot operated Self Actuated. PN40 rated, large stocks up to 400mm, local manufacture in process
- Ultra Ratio Reducing valve. Up to PN100 & DN250, large stocks
- Maric Flow Control valve. Up to any size the system requires, large stocks, locally manufactured under license
- C-Valve. Self actuated control valve with special features
- Ultra V-Segment Ball Control Valve. Instrument control valve for all industries
- Ultra Globe Control Valve. Instrument control valve for all industries